Below you will find the history of the FlexBeam changes and updates.
Release 2.6.0 (March 2020)
- New: IPE AA standard profiles;
- New: hollow profiles – circular, square and rectangular;
- Improved: speed, preventing errors due to fast typing;
- Fixed: minor bugs.
Release 2.5.0 (December 2019)
- Solved: bugs causing errors for certain locale settings (comma as decimal separator);
- Fixed: rounding off errors in certain locale settings (comma as decimal separator).
Release 2.4.2 (July 2019)
- Improved: typing wrong decimal separator is automatically corrected in additional fields.
- Solved: not all info was printed or copied to the clipboard in certain cases.
- Solved: wrong unit was shown in the fixed value for Ix (Iy).
- bug in certain circumstances, data was not calculated correctly. Please check your buckling calculations after rel. 2.0.0.
Release 2.4.1 (July 2019)
- Solved: bug caused in 2.4.0, making it impossible to enter the license key in the Pro-version..
Release 2.4.0 (July 2019)
- Improved: visual layout for display on Windows 10.
- Corrected: swapped ‘vierkant – hol’ and ‘rond – hol’ (Dutch only) in the ‘copy to clipboard’ text.
- Solved: bug in printing/copying text to the printer/clipboard.
- Solved: some bugs when switching between SI and Imperial units in combination with ‘Value Ix (Iy)’.
- Solved: bug in buckling calculation (Pro-version only) with fixed ‘Value Ix (Iy)’.
Release 2.3.0 (February 2019)
- Added: reaction forces at Y=0 and Y=L.
- Improved: separate material properties for SI and Imperial units.
- Improved: some translations and error logging.
- Solved: bug in shear force graph in certain cases.
Release 2.2.0 (January 2019)
- Added: UPN (UNP), UPE and HD standard profiles;
- Corrected: pop-up text of the ‘Print results’ button.
Release 2.1.2 (August 2018)
- Solved: start-up bug in some cases;
- Solved: error in saving setting;
- Solved: bug in display.
Release 2.1.1 (August 2018)
- Solved: bug in printing with certain beam cross sections.
Release 2.1.0 (August 2018)
- New: printing of calculation case;
- New: copying selected graph to the Windows Clipboard;
- Added: slope diagram (in Lite and Pro-version), stress (moment) diagram and shear force diagram (in Pro-version only);
- Added: clicking in diagram will show values for the clicked position in the upper right corner. Clicking in the stress diagram will also give the value of exerted the moment;
- Improved: minor changes to improve usability and performance;
- Solved: bug in rotation result at Y-position (was accidentally set to zero in some cases).
Release 2.0.1 (July 2017)
- Fixed: bug in the materials list;
- Fixed: Maximum compressive load in buckling calculations now also in kN, kLbf;
- Solved: a bug with entering the license-code;
- Added: a few construction steels in the standard materials list.
Release 2.0 (May 2017)
- New: Buckling of columns;
- Updated and improved: Help function;
- Improved: Font display of some fields;
- Improved: text that is copied to the clipboard;
- Solved: minor bug in displaying moment of inertia;
- Solved: few minor bugs.
Release 1.1.2 (January 2016)
- Solved: minor bug with visible data entry field.
Release 1.1.1 (December 2015)
- Solved: crash at zero force.
Release 1.1.0 (September 2015)
- New profile (special) added: uneven I-Beam.
- Solved: 3 minor bugs in copying results to the clipboard.
- Solved a bug with the license-code.
Release 1.0.2 (April 2014)
- Solved a bug during start-up with fixed Moment of Inertia.
- Improved output in “copy to clipboard”.
- Doubled the number of iteration steps for a higher accuracy.
- Corrected B and H values in the standard profiles (Pro).
- Improved names containing 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 in ASTM W-profiles (Pro).
- Solved a start-up bug that occurred after exiting in minimized state.
- Added rounding off to zero for near zero results.
Release 1.0.1 (September 2013)
- Updated the picture with load case dimensions.
- Added ‘X=0’ and ‘X=L’ to the elastic line graph ends.
- When selecting a different load case, the elastic line graph is cleared.
Release 1.0 (July 2013)
- First release