The software in the Toolkit also runs on Linux using Wine. Just follow these instructions:
- Install Wine if you have not installed it yet;
- Download the vb6 run-time Redistribution Pack (vbrun60sp6.exe). Download it from for example: Download.cnet.com en MajorGeeks.com. Save it in: /home/username/.cache/winetricks/vb6run
- Open a Terminal and enter the command: winetricks vb6run. Follow the instructions;
- Now enter the command: wine /path_to_installer and follow the instructions. If you want to use the unzipped version you enter the command: wine /path_to_executable to run the program;
- Run the program. Select a language before closing (to prevent run-time error 365 when closing).
Note: HertzWin runs a bit slow on Linux.